There are many vegetarian pasta salad recipes to choose from, each with its unique twist on traditional classics. Such is the case of this pasta salad with avocado, and you will find out its story below.
Salads are simply fascinating: they are easy to make, and delicious. This vegetarian pasta salad was conceived “to order,” when my little boy came from the school, and told me to make one. He had tried some at lunch, at his school cafeteria, but he did not enjoy the mayonnaise it contained. So he wanted me to make him one without mayo, if possible. And what better replacement for mayonnaise than avocado?
- 200 grams farfalline or conchigliette
- 10 Sicilian date tomatoes (alternatively cherry tomatoes), quartered
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 pickled cucumbers, diced
- 2 spring onions, chopped finely
- chopped parsley
- salt to taste
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Juice from ½ lemon
- Cook the pasta al dente, then wash in cold water, and set aside.
- Tip in all the other ingredients, and mix well. Serve cold.
Of course, you can make your own variations: remove the spring onions and replace them with ramps, or don’t use onion at all. You can add more avocado if you want, or different colored cherry tomatoes.
You can even add lime juice instead of lemon juice, and coriander instead of parsley. The choice is yours. So get creative, and have fun with your salads. You don’t really need to follow each recipe to the letter to have something absolutely delicious in less than 15 minutes.