This is a very easy to prepare dish, which can be served according to this combo suggestion, or according to your own preference, either with or without paprika sauce, with or without shrimp, etc. The cream of cauliflower soup is ready in less than ten minutes. The paprika sauce takes a bit longer, and the shrimp will be ready in circa 6 minutes. If you are experienced in the kitchen, you can prepare the whole meal in less than 25 minutes.
- 1 liter water
- 1 head fresh cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Into a large soup pot, bring water to a boil.
- Season with half of the salt, add cauliflower florets, then season with the rest of the salt.
- Cover with a lid, and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the cauliflower punctures with ease.
- Remove from heat, and use a sieve to strain the florets from the water. Do NOT discard the water, as it will act as cauliflower stock.
- Transfer the cauliflower florets into a food processor, add garlic cloves, then add cauliflower water until it is about half way up the cauliflower florets in the blender.
- Puree till very smooth, and serve it hot.
While your soup simmers, prepare a paprika (bell pepper) sauce, and pan fry your shrimp in herbs butter, about 5 minutes, tossing repeatedly to ensure even cooking. Plate as suggested in the featured picture.